MICROSOFT COMBAT TECH SPECIAL EDITION CONTROLLER PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Microsoft Combat Tech Special Edition Controller Promotion (“Promotion”) you agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft Corporation (“Sponsor”), Microsoft Canada Inc. (together, “Microsoft”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Promotion (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Promotion as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Promotion is subject to all federal, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 1, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on March 8, 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter – (1) online via an Xbox One console; or (2) online via Twitter, as follows:
a) To enter online via an Xbox One console, you must have access to an Xbox One console and be an Xbox Live Gold or free member in good standing at the time of entry/winning. Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you will automatically receive one (1) Promotion entry when you log into the Xbox Live service, navigate to the “Combat Tech Special Edition Controller Promotion” landing page on the Xbox Live Dashboard, and click the designated area to watch the free available video during the Promotion Period, as instructed.
i) Updating Account Information: Potential winners who entered via an Xbox One console will be contacted using the contact information tied to the Xbox Live Gamertag used to earn an entry. Your Xbox Live Gamertag profile information, including e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number, must be complete, correct and current in order to be eligible for a prize. You can verify/update your profile information via your account profile by following the instructions on Xbox.com or through the Xbox Live Dashboard from your Xbox One console.
b) To enter online via Twitter you must (1) create a new account or use an existing account on www.twitter.com (“Twitter”); (2) follow the @Xbox Twitter handle at https://twitter.com/Xbox or the @XboxCanada Twitter handle at https://twitter.com/XboxCanada; and (3) retweet one (1) of the Sponsor’s designated promotional Tweets containing “#XboxCombatTech #Sweepstakes” during the Promotion Period (a “Retweet”). Retweets must be in the EXACT form as the original tweet to be eligible to receive an entry into the Promotion.
c) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person/Xbox Live Gamertag/authorized Twitter account holder, regardless of method of entry during the Promotion. The use of automated devices to enter this Promotion is prohibited. The Released Parties and Twitter, Inc., assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Microsoft’s property and will not be returned.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: On or around March 20, 2018 at 10 a.m. PT in New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States, GMR will randomly select ten (10) potential Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) prize per person.
a) Ten (10) Grand Prizes: One (1) Xbox Wireless Controller – Combat Tech Special Edition (controller model, features, design, and all other aspects of the controller are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $69.99 USD/$79.99 CAD.
b) Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $699.90 USD/$799.90 CAD.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to a prize awarded to a legal U.S. resident are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
5) WINNERS: The Grand Prize winners will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Grand Prize Winners: The potential Grand Prize winners will be notified on or about March 28, 2018 by either (a) phone to the phone number indicated on each potential Grand Prize winner’s Xbox Live account profile or (b) via direct message to each potential Grand Prize winner’s Twitter account used to enter, depending on entry method.
i) Phone Notification Process: If a potential Grand Prize winner is notified via phone, they will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of notification to respond and confirm their shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) or the potential Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
ii) Direct Message Notification Process: If a potential Grand Prize winner is notified via a Twitter direct message, they will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of notification to respond to the direct message with their first and last names, country, and daytime phone number or the potential Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Each potential Grand Prize winner will then be contacted via by phone to the phone number provided by the potential Grand Prize winner and will be required to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of notification to verify eligibility and provide a shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted). If a potential Grand Prize winner does not confirm eligibility and provide a shipping address, the potential Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
iii) Canadian Winner Confirmation Process: In order for a Canadian resident to be declared a Grand Prize winner, he or she must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question unaided and without mechanical or other assistance, and have complied in full with these Official Rules. The skill-testing question will be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time within one hundred and twenty (120) hours of initial notification of selection.
iv) Grand Prize Fulfillment: The Grand Prizes will be shipped within approximately eight (8) weeks following winner confirmation to the address provided by the Grand Prize winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept the prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, or is unsuccessful in answering the mathematical skill-testing question (applicable to potential winner from Canada only) an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
b) Publicity Release: Entrants further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper names, state/province/territory, Twitter handle and/or Xbox Live Gamertag online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the Promotion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winners’ names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without notice, review, approval or additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Promotion and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Promotion, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrants’ Xbox Live account profile or via Twitter or by using the contact information provided by the entrant during prize claim process by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion. All federal, state, or territory/province, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Promotion-related activity, or participation in the Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Promotion, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Promotion is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Promotion without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Promotion as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7) DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Promotion will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to state of Washington and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses
8) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Promotion. In any such event, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will randomly select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. The Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9) USE OF DATA: Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with Microsoft’s Privacy Statement, which is located at https://privacy.microsoft.com/privacystatement. Please note that by entering, you are accepting these Official Rules and the terms of the Privacy Statement.
Entrants’ data will be used by the Released Parties and their representatives, employees, or third-party vendors for the use and purposes to execute the Promotion as provided in these Official Rules.
10) WINNERS LIST: For the names, Xbox Live Gamertags, and/or Twitter handles of the Grand Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Microsoft Combat Tech Special Edition Controller Promotion Winners’ List, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151 postmarked by May 11, 2018 and received by May 18, 2018.
11) SPONSOR: This Promotion is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
12) ADMINISTRATOR: This Promotion is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
The Promotion is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter Inc.