NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Xbox “Forza Horizon 4” Demo Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) you agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”) (“Sponsor”), McLaren Group (“McLaren”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Sweepstakes (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 12, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 2, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must have access to an Xbox One console and be an Xbox Live Gold or free member in good standing at time of entry/winning. Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you must log in, navigate to the “Forza Horizon 4” landing page on the Xbox Live Dashboard, and click the designated area to register and play the available free “Forza Horizon 4” demo during the Sweepstakes Period as instructed.
a) Updating Account Information: The potential winner will be contacted using the contact information tied to their Xbox Live Gamertag used to earn an entry. Your Xbox Live Gamertag profile information, including mailing address and phone number, must be complete, correct and current in order to be eligible for a prize. You can verify/update your profile information via your account profile by following the instructions on Xbox.com or through the Xbox Live Dashboard from your Xbox One console.
b) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person/Xbox Live Gamertag during the Sweepstakes Period. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Microsoft’s property and will not be returned.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: On or around October 15, 2018 at 10 a.m. PT in New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States, GMR will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
a) One (1) Grand Prize: A trip for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest to California to participate in an McLaren Experience. Grand Prize includes: Round-trip, coach-class airfare for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest to California from an airport determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor; three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations for winner and guest (hotel to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, in one (1) double-occupancy room, excluding room service, meals, and other incidentals); roundtrip ground transportation for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest between airport and hotel in California and between hotel and McLaren Experience in California; $500 USD spending cash to the Grand Prize winner only, awarded in the form of a corporate check; one (1) McLaren Experience for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest (McLaren Experience details and dates to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and McLaren); one (1) Xbox One X console (console model, features, design, and all other aspects of the console are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); one (1) Xbox Elite Wireless Controller (controller model, features, design, and all other aspects of the controller are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); and one (1) 12-month Xbox Live Gold Membership. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $6,208.98 USD.
i) Grand Prize Additional Terms: Travel route, air carriers, hotel accommodations, ground transportation vendors, and all elements of the Grand Prize will be determined solely by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Grand Prize trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must possess any necessary valid travel documents (i.e., valid government-issued photo ID or valid passport and visa, where applicable) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of trip are subject to availability and confirmation of reservation and any charges incurred while booking travel are winner’s sole responsibility. No refunds or credits for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, meals, and transportation to and from winner’s/guest’s home residences are the winner’s/guest’s sole responsibilities. Sponsor is not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the Grand Prize and Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Any change made by the Grand Prize winner or guest to the travel itinerary, including any cost implications, is the Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility.
The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest, if any, may be required to sign additional waivers or liability releases onsite at the McLaren Experience and may be required to meet additional eligibility criteria for participation in the experience. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest, if any, may need to possess a valid U.S./Canadian driver’s license and may be required to satisfy applicable proof-of-insurance laws for participation in the McLaren Experience. Make and model of vehicles, if applicable, to be used during the McLaren Experience will be selected by Sponsor or McLaren in their sole discretion.
Winners and guest, if any, must comply with all venue rules and regulations; failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to conduct a publicity and background check of any and all records (including, without limitation civil and criminal court records and police reports) of the Grand Prize winner and the winner’s guest, if any, and, based on such results, may disqualify the winner and/or guest, in its sole discretion. Grand Prize Winner and guest, if any, agree to authorize and cooperate with such publicity and background check.
Non-cash portion of the Grand Prize is subject to availability. These are estimated values only. The actual value of the Grand Prize is expected to vary, based on the point of origination, airfare fluctuations, and hotel pricing. If the actual value of the travel portion of prize is less than stated, difference will not be awarded in cash, and no such claim will be honored. If the Grand Prize winner resides within 300 miles of the travel destination, alternate travel arrangements may be made by the Sponsor and the Grand Prize winner and the value of prize adjusted accordingly.
The Grand Prize trip must be completed on the dates specified by the Sponsor/GMR, or the Grand Prize winner shall forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety. Dates of departure and return, travel route, seat selection, hotel accommodations, activities, and all elements of the Grand Prize will be arranged by the Sponsor/GMR, in their sole discretion.
b) Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $6,208.98 USD.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to a prize awarded to a legal U.S. resident are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Certain conditions and restrictions apply.
5) WINNER: The Grand Prize winner will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Grand Prize Winner: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone to the phone number indicated on the potential Grand Prize winner’s Xbox Live account profile on or about October 24, 2018. The potential Grand Prize winner will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of the first notification to respond with their shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) or the Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as the Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
i) Canadian Winner Confirmation Process: In order for a Canadian resident to be declared the Grand Prize winner, he or she must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question unaided and without mechanical or other assistance, and have complied in full with these Official Rules. The skill-testing question will be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time within one hundred and twenty (120) hours of initial notification of selection. In addition, in order for a Canadian resident to be declared the Grand Prize winner, he or she must complete, sign and return the presented declaration of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, and publicity release, background authorization consent document, and provide a copy of the front and back of their valid Canadian driver’s license and automobile insurance card, if applicable (the “Canadian Documents”) within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Canadian Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
ii) U.S. Winner Confirmation Process: In order for a U.S. resident to be declared the Grand Prize winner, he or she must complete, sign, and return the presented affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, and publicity release, background authorization consent document, provide a copy of the front and back of their valid U.S. driver’s license and automobile insurance card, if applicable, and appropriate tax documents (the “U.S. Documents”) within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the U.S. Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
iii) Additional Criteria: The Grand Prize winner may be required to sign additional waivers or liability releases onsite at the McLaren Experience and may be required to meet additional eligibility criteria for participation in the driving portion of the McLaren Experience. The Grand Prize winner may need to possess a valid U.S./Canadian driver’s license and may be required to satisfy applicable proof-of-insurance laws for participation in the McLaren Experience. If notified winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as the Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize.
iv) Grand Prize Winner’s Guest: The potential Grand Prize winner must designate one (1) guest within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Canadian/U.S. Documents. The guest must be 18 years of age or older, and a legal resident of either the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) or Canada (excluding Quebec). The guest may also need to possess a valid U.S./Canadian driver’s license, may be required to satisfy applicable proof-of-insurance laws, and may be required to meet additional eligibility criteria for participation in the driving portion of the McLaren Experience. In addition, at the same time as the Grand Prize winner completes his/her Canadian/U.S. Documents, the guest must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, a publicity release, provide a copy of the front and back of their valid U.S./Canadian driver’s license and automobile insurance card, if applicable, and a background authorization consent document. The Grand Prize winner’s Guest may be required to sign additional waivers or liability releases onsite at the McLaren Experience in order to participate in the driving portion of the McLaren Experience. Failure for a guest to complete and return the documents in time specified by the Sponsor may result in that guest’s disqualification and forfeiture of the guest’s portion of the prize.
v) Background Check: Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the potential Grand Prize winner and winner’s guest and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify a potential Grand Prize winner and/or winner’s guest based on the results of such background check, if the Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such Grand Prize winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Factors that would result in disqualification as the Grand Prize winner or winner’s guest include, without limitation, winner or guest having been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, being delinquent on a government-ordered payment, such as child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc., or any other criminal or civil offense determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
b) Publicity Release: Winner further grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name and state/province/territory of residence online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s names and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without notice, review, approval or additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s Xbox Live account profile or by using the contact information provided by the entrant during prize claim process by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. All federal, state, or territory/province, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7) DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the state of Washington without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to state of Washington and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses
8) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes. In any such event, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will randomly select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9) USE OF DATA: Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with Microsoft’s Privacy Statement, which is located at https://privacy.microsoft.com/privacystatement. Please note that by entering, you are accepting these Official Rules and the terms of the Privacy Statement.
Entrants’ data will be used by Microsoft Corporation (One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98053), by GMR Marketing LLC (5000 S. Towne Drive, New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151), and by any of their representatives or employees for the use and purposes to run the Promotion as provided in these Official Rules. Entrants may have the right to exercise their rights of access, cancelation of their data by contacting email@example.com and by visiting http://privacy.microsoft.com.
10) WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Xbox “Forza Horizon 4” Demo Sweepstakes Winners’ List, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151 US, postmarked by December 7, 2018 and received by December 14, 2018
11) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 U.S.
12) ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151 U.S.